WHAT DO I NEED?
Before setting up your Star TSP100 Wi-Fi printer, you need to make sure you have all the necessary peripherals and cables:
This printer connects to your iPad wirelessly, so you do not need to plug it into your router. You may also wish to connect it to the cash drawer at the same time, which you do using cable fixed in the back of the till. There also a power cable bundled in with the printer.
This printer takes 80x80mm thermal receipt rolls. Before you start setting up, it’s a good idea to load the till with some paper. Simply pull on the small catch on the right-hand side of the printer, place the roll in the recess and pull a length of it through, before closing the lid.
Cash Drawer (optional)
You may want to set up your cash draw at the same time, which you can do using the supplied Cat6 ethernet cable
SETTING UP YOUR TSP100 WI-FI RECEIPT PRINTER
- Plug the supplied power cable into the power socket at the back of the printer, and connect the other end to a power outlet.
- Turn the printer on using the toggle at the side. The power light will glow blue. If it flashes red, you need to add a till roll.
- (Optional) If you want to connect your cash draw at the same time, plug in the cable that is fixed in the back of the cash draw into the corresponding socket in the back of the printer.
CONNECTING YOUR TSP100 WI-FI PRINTER TO YOUR WI-FI NETWORK
There are two different ways of connecting your printer to your iPad, depending on what sort of router you have:
IF YOUR ROUTER HAS A WPS BUTTON
Before you start, make sure that your iPad is connected to the network you want your printer to run on.
- Press and hold the red “Pair” button on the back of your printer until blue “Ready” light on the front of the printer flashes in triplets. This means your printer is in Pairing mode, which lasts for 60 seconds
- Press and hold the button marked “WPS” on the back of your router. This will connect your printer to your router’s network
- When the printer is connected to the router, it will print a blank receipt slip
IF YOUR ROUTER DOES NOT HAVE A WPS BUTTON
If your router does not have a WPS button, your printer can create a mini-network which you can log on to using your iPad’s web browser and connect that way
1. On your iPad’s main screen, go to Settings and then select Wi-Fi.
2. Wait for a network named TSP100III-XXXXX to appear under Devices, and select that network. Your iPad will tell you that TSP100III-XXX is not connected to the internet and ask you if you still want to join the network. Select Join Anyway to continue.
3. Go to your iPad’s web browser and in the address bar at the top, enter 169.254.1.1, and press return to continue to the printer’s configuration page.
4. In the sidebar on the side, you will find a link to log in to the printer under the heading System Access.
5. Enter the default username and password.
Note* The web browser will recommend that you change your password for security. However, it’s important that you don’t do this, because otherwise the Nobly support team will not be able to access your printer for troubleshooting purposes. If the system insists that you put in a new password, just type in public.
6. The text on the sidebar will have changed. Now select WLAN settings, which is the first item under the heading Network configuration.
7. Enter the network details
* SSID: This is the name of your network. This is case sensitive, and must be typed out exactly the same as you see it when you connect a device to the Wi-Fi.
* Type of Security: If you don't know it’s most likely on WPA2/AES, which is the default setting for modern routers.
* Security Key: This is the wifi password. Please check the Show Characters box underneath the password field so you can double check that the password is definitely correct (sometimes this password field will make the first letter a capital by mistake).
8. Press Submit to continue. The next screen will show the settings you’ve entered.
9. If these details are correct, then press the flashing red Save link on the website’s sidebar.
10. Select Save → Configuration printing → Restart device and press Execute to print a test receipt with your network details.
11. Close the browser and reconnect the iPad to your Wi-Fi network.
12. You can now go to the Nobly app to connect your printer to Nobly.
CONNECTING YOUR TSP100 WI-FI PRINTER TO THE NOBLY APP
- Open up the Nobly app and go to Settings.
- Select “Printer Settings.
- Press the green button marked Search for Printers
- Your Bluetooth printer will appear in the My Printers list. Press it to go to settings for that printer. Under Printer Status, the text should read Online in green.
- Press the button at the bottom of the screen to print a test receipt.
Congratulations! You’re ready to roll!