WHAT DO I NEED?
Before setting up your Star TSP100 USB printer, you need to make sure you have all the necessary peripherals and cables:
This printer connects to your iPad via a USB cable, which comes with the printer. You may also wish to connect it to the cash drawer, which you do using the cable fixed in the back of the till. There also a power cable bundled in with the printer.
This printer takes 80mm receipt rolls. Before you start setting up, it’s a good idea to load the till with some paper. Simply pull on the small catch on the right-hand side of the printer, place the roll in the recess and pull a length of it through, before closing the lid.
Cash Drawer (optional)
You may want to set up your cash draw at the same time, which you can do using the supplied Cat6 ethernet cable.
SETTING UP YOUR TSP100 USB RECEIPT PRINTER
- Plug the supplied power cable into the power socket at the back of the printer, and connect the other end to a power outlet.
- Turn the printer on using the toggle at the side. The power light will glow blue. If it flashes red, you need to add a till roll.
- Plug one end of the supplied USB cable in to the corresponding socket in the back of your receipt printer.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the socket on your iPad.
- (Optional) If you want to connect your cash draw at the same time, plug in the cable that is fixed in the back of the cash draw into the corresponding socket in the back of the printer.
CONNECTING YOUR IPAD TO YOUR TSP100 USB RECEIPT PRINTER
- Open up the Nobly app and go to settings.
- Select “Printer settings.”
- Press the green “Search for Printers” button. Your printer will appear under the “My Printers” list, with a little green dot by its name.
- Select the toggle labeled “Enable Printer.” The toggle will turn green and slide to the right, and a list of settings will appear below, and options to print a test receipt, to open the cash drawer, or to delete the printer will become available.
- Test the connection by printing a test receipt.
Congratulations! You’re ready to roll!