- Charge the scanner and turn it on via the small button on the top of the scanner
- Scan the below code via the large button on the reader and wait for it to beep and restart (try scanning the code on your screen; if that doesn't work, print this page and try. All codes will also have come with the scanner in the box)
- Open the Bluetooth settings menu of the iPad and connect to the SocketMobile option in the list
- Once it is connected, open Nobly and tap the dashes in the top left hand corner → settings → scanner settings → and turn on Socket Mobile CHS 7CI scanner
- Your scanner is now ready to go!
Resetting the scanner
To do a factory reset of your scanner, follow these steps:
- On your scanner, hold down the large scan button and then press the small power button until you hear 3 beeps
- Go to iPad > Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is turned ON
- On the Bluetooth settings screen, now tap the blue circle on the line that says Socket CHS
- Tap Forget this Device
- Turn the scanner on (you'll hear 2 beeps) and scan the first barcode below to reset the scanner.
- The scanner will play several tones and then will automatically turn off
- Press the small power button until the scanner turns on (you'll hear 2 beeps) and scan the 2nd barcode below to put the scanner in iOS Mode (make sure you hear 3 beeps after scanning the second barcode).
- After you hear the 3 beeps, go to iPad > Settings > Bluetooth and tap on Socket CHS. Tap Pair if prompted and wait for it to connect.
Reset scanner code
iOS mode for scanner
You can find the online guide to the scanner, provided by Socket Mobile, here.