Plugging in the Star Micronics TSP Bluetooth receipt printer
To connect your printer to the power supply:
- Plug one end of the power cable into the back of your receipt printer.
- Plug the other end of the cable into a power outlet.
- Turn the printer ON. The POWER indicator will turn a solid green. The ERROR indicator blinks red when no paper is loaded.
Pairing the Star Micronics TSP Bluetooth receipt printer with your iPad
The pairing of Bluetooth devices identifies the devices to each other, and establishes a bond between them. This enables the paired devices to connect in the future without repeating authentication checks.
To pair the printer with your iPad:
1. Connect your printer to the power supply.
2. Tap the Settings icon on your iPad, then tap the Bluetooth menu option. You should see the Star Micronics printer in the DEVICES list. The printer's status will be Not Paired.
If you're invited to download an associated app for this printer, you don’t need to do this
3. Find the red Pair button located at the back of the printer, and hold it down for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds, the green LED at the back will start to flash, indicating that the device is in pairing mode. Pairing mode lasts for 60 seconds.
4. While your printer is in pairing mode, tap the Star Micronics printer in the DEVICES list on your iPad. After a short pairing process, the printer will show as Connected, and the LED on the back of the printer will become a solid blue colour.