Categories help you manage inventory visually on your iPad grid, make it easier to run inventory reports for specific groups of products, and make it easier to manage all your products. You can use categories to get insights into how different areas of your business are doing that hold similar characteristics (for example coffees and teas, or pastries and baguettes).
You can name and manage your product categories at any time, but we recommend you include this in your “Getting Started” steps because you will need to decide how to categorise each product you create as you create it.
Categories are numbered by default, but you can customise their names, as well as the colours associated with them in your iPad grid. Color-coding your categories makes it much easier to use the POS interface quickly, especially if you have multiple product categories.
To manage categories, first follow these steps:
- In the Nobly App, tap the menu in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Tap “Managers Dashboard” in the righthand side menu of the screen and select "BackOffice". The screen you’ll see is your store’s BackOffice Dashboard – you should see your store’s name in the upper left corner
- Tap “Products” in the menu on the left
- Select “Manage Categories” from the menu at the top
Then you can choose to:
- Customise Category Names
- Customise Category Colours
- Set Default Category
- Delete Categories
- Add Categories
Customise Category Names
- Tap inside the name field
- Type the new name or number
Customise Category Colours
- Tap the coloured square to bring up the color picker
- Tap to choose the colours you want
Set Default Category (for new product additions)
- Tap the radio button of the desired category
- To change the Default Category, simply tap a different radio button
- Tap “Delete”
- Tap “Yes” or “No” to confirm your selection
- Tap “Add Category” at the bottom of the screen, the new category will appear at the bottom of the category list, numbered by default
When you add new products to your inventory, they will be added to your default category unless you specify otherwise by making a different selection from the drop down as you create each new product.